Thursday, March 22, 2007

Strawberry Pajeri

Its amazing how some bloggers have inspired me in so many ways.

I was reading Anasalwa's entry about Kumquat Pajeri that I had this urge to try some. I was looking around at the fruits available in Carrefour the following day for me to make Pajeri but didn't see any kumquat. Since Ana's Kak N had made Kiwi Fruit Pajeri, I thought perhaps its possible to make Strawberry Pajeri. Afterall they were on sale for $3.50 a punnet. What made the strawberried perfect Pajeri candidate was that there were rather sharp.

Growing up, the pajeri I ever tried was only Pajeri Nenas and they were somewhat watery, and didn't quite look like Ana's Pajeri. In fact, I think coming from the South, we call it Paceri rather than Pajeri.

I used Ana's recipe as a guide and looked at other Pajeri recipes on recipe.net.





And Wallah! Here's my Pajeri strawberry. My skeptical other half was rather amused with what I served him that day. And his comment, it was better than he thought it was going to be.

Thanks AnaSalwa for inspiring me to try out new things.

Next thing I want to try is Nina's Beef in Sweet Betel Leaves. I have been looking out for the Betel Leaves but no luck so far. Perhaps I'd need to grow them myself.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

sunflora,
It's abput 7.20 am here, sipping my coffee, officialy in third day of spring and sharing the same sentiment with you about learning experience we've gained through our blogs. Your strawbery pajeri looked fabulous and I'm sure it tasted heavenly lazat.

elisataufik said...

wah wah sungguh terrer!!!

Unknown said...

Assalam - o- Alaikum
I am impressed with your blog - very relevant to daily life. I will be going to begin my first umrah from Madinah to Maccah - I will be arriving at the end of April in Madinah and will travel by road to Makkah via prearranged taxi from umrah agency. I have read that road travel is dangerous due to accidents - Do you think I should go ahead with this or should I use SAPTCO.
wassalam

Nazrah Leopolis said...

stoberi? seriously? this i must try!what next? gooseberry pajeri?