Sunday, April 04, 2004

The wheels in motion.

I have been shuffling my feet and I finally signed up to do a TESOL cert. Will this be a skill I will be using in the near future? I don’t know. But at least its something else I can cross out from my “to do” list. (BTW I still would like to do tandem parachuting so if anyone out there is willing to sponsor me, I will still go.)

After over a month of “next week” or “this coming Saturday” or “Insyallah,” I am tired of waiting. I am tired of believing in empty promises and tired of not making long term commitments and concrete plans . Well tough! Now I have committed for something for a month which mean I will be staying put in London for April at least.

Its really hard really living out of a suitcase, moving from one city to another from time to time. Yes it could be very exciting. And yes it is something that I said I wanted to do. But the lack of stability and the fluidity of things does sometimes get to me. Thank god for the internet! At least I get to keep in touch with my friends on the net. But sometimes I do feel that its not the same as the days we were hanging out. Sure I still get the latest gossip, who is going out with whom. Who is getting married. Who changed their careers. But as each year passes, I often lose one or two in the process. I suppose it is fair, I also gain a few over the year. Nature has a way of balancing itself I guess.

I look at the potential job prospects of my possible future career and guess what? Not being a “native speaker” means that I am may not even be considered for some positions at all! Oh well. Systemic oppression at work of course.

The course starts tomorrow and I haven’t been in a class room for awhile. We’ll have to see how it goes.

No comments: