Sunday, June 17, 2007

I am truly grateful

I am truly grateful to The Creator for the life he has given me.

I am grateful that I have a husband who loves me and appreciates me for who I am.
For the past couple of years he has tolerated me not wearing any make up, and just one afternoon he reminded me thats perhaps a touch of lipstick would brighten my face.
What more can I ask than a man who is not afraid to tell me the truth?
Who is willing to share his days with me, even the hours when I am not with him.
Who didn't complain or grumble when I told him I could not cook so please pick up something on the way home.
Who showed so much appreciation with the most meagre and simple meals I cooked.

I am grateful that I have you.

I am grateful that I have a daughter who continues to surprise me everyday.
Who loves me unconditionally and constantly remind me that what I do today, will affect her life tomorrow.
Her sharpness often surprise me. When she utters words that perhaps just the two of us understand.
She reminds me that even when I feel useless and wasting my life away, that something good is coming.

I am biased, I know but I am grateful that she is the smartest, cutest, prettiest, cleverest and happiest child I know.

She brings a different purpose to life. Makes me see the world very differently.

I am grateful that I have her.

I am grateful to the life I lead. I consider it normal, some considered it charmed while others considered it oppressed.
I may not be an important person at an office or a country but I know, I am appreciated by my beloved and my daughter.

For that I am truly grateful.


What are you grateful for today?

2 comments:

Ir. Hanafi Ali said...

Always!

elisataufik said...

I am grateful that in this country that is supposedly oppressing women, it makes it so easy to be a housewife

:D