Monday, January 21, 2008

Yesterday

Yesterday was one of those days I felt like I was on the treadmill all day. The morning went on well enough, I sent The Little One to school. It started going wrong when a mother remarked, "Where are your shoes Little One?"

I looked at her feet and to my horror I forgot to put her shoes on! I am ashamed to confess that it wasn't the first time I sent her off to school without shoes. Somehow just getting her and myself out of the door becomes such a big thing and I kicked myself mentally for not preparing everything in advance the day before.

After I said goodbye to the kind mother, ushered The Little One into school I walked home as fast as I could to fetch her shoes. No wonder I missed them! The shoes were not on the shoe rack but apparently assumed a life of its own and walked itself under the dining table under the kitchen!

I must have thought the shoes were on her because it was not at its usual spot by the door!

So I dashed as fast as I could back to school and dashed as quickly back as possible. I was determined to sew this morning. I have 3 deadlines to meet. Err actually 4 now come to think of it and I don't seem to have enough hours in the day to sew. I used to be able to wake up in the middle of the night to sew but seemed to have lost all energy and slept like a log the past week. Even though my husband can vouch that I slept for the full 8 hours it felt like I slept for just 5 mins and suddenly night turned into day.

So I checked my emails. Answered whatever I could and then started sewing. Of course I am working on 4 projects simultaneously so I am spoilt for choice! I decided to work on my crumbs quilts then remembered that I may want to change my presentation and therefore need to prepare new props/display. Started looking at fabrics. Put the new fabrics I bought in the wash. Ironed those already washed to be filed away. And my alarm rang. It was 11:30am.

Since I am determined to try and feed my daughter better I decided I was going to cook for her vegetable congee. So I quickly cooked it up and ran over to her school to fetch her.

There goes my morning.

We decided that perhaps her good friend M may want to come over to play with my Little One. M's mum was saying that all M ever asks for is "Ami" her name for my Little One. So the kids played. First at M's place then at our place. It was almost 2:30 pm then and we decided that its time to put the Little Ones to bed fo their nap.

I took a short nap with The Little One, about 15 mins or so and woke up. Managed to creep away without her waking up, went to the PC, checked my emails. Saw a friend got online. Chatted with her for awhile. Realizing it was almost 4 pm I excused myself and went downstairs to start cooking dinner.

Managed to put the pan on the stove, brown some onions and guess who woke up? She was all cranky too! So there I was trying to pacify a child and cook at the same time! And then "dING dONG!" A neighbour came by!

It has to be one of those days! I looked at the clock and told myself its OK I have 1 hr to cook, chat, prepare myself and my things for the Guild. But conversation was so good the minutes flew by in a flash and before I knew it I got a call from the friend who I was getting a ride from and she had already left her house.

So I ran round like a headless chicken picking up bits here and there beating myself for not preparing all the stuff earlier. Called the gate for a golf cart, jumped in the car and off we went to the location.

Have to stop here now because I want to catch the Limo for a coffee morning.

Another day and another rush!

2 comments:

elisataufik said...

ahh.. but some of us are just wishing for something to do :)

(heh heh macam lah takde kerja.. banyak actually, cuma malas aje nak buat.. haha ha)

Swahili said...

busy i can deal with but the "ding dong" neighbours, some days i can really do without. days like the one you had.

Blackberry for your next bday, maybe..and Kindle. that way you can read say in the limo on the way to coffee morning.