Saturday, January 01, 2005

New Year Weekend - I


What a wreck! Posted by Hello


Perhaps it something is easily gotten, then it would be easily forgotten. For every bad thing, some good will come out of it.

It was Wednesday evening as we hastily set off from the driveway. S hesitated as he reversed the car.

"What's the matter?" I asked him.

"Well its close to Maghrib, I am debating if we should push off after our prayers," he pondered.

"Well its still a few minutes yet, we should just drive over to X's place and perform our prayers there. As it is we are behind time."

Perhaps it was Allah's way of reminding us that we should always put him first. Or perhaps we was protecting us from harm or perhaps we never would really know the answer....

Merely 5 mins away from X's place, our car headed towards a traffic light near the junction of X's house, our car had to stop as there was a stationary Nissan truck trying to turn to the right. We managed to stop behind the truck in time and then a few minutes later, a loud thud, and the car moved a little.

What was what?

Behind us, all the traffic had stopped.

We got out of the car and the wreck above is what I saw behind us.

But we're going to Umrah! I lamented to myself. How will be make our way to Umrah if the car is badly damaged? And it wont just be us! Everyone would be so disappointed!

"Why did you stop there?" cried the driver as S stepped out of the car.

"Because there was another car in front of me!" cried S back.

"Didn't you see my car stopping?" he asked.

"NO!" lamented the driver.

Aside from both of our cars, 3 other cars were in the accident. How did that happen? I don't actually know.

So we are safe, Thank God! But what next? Will we still be able to drive to Mecca for our Umrah?

No comments: