Saturday, February 05, 2005

Its Official! I have no human interaction skills!

I am one of those people whom if you met in real life for the first time, you'd probably think I am either snooty or boring. I really don't know how to break the ice with people. I don't know what to say or what to do. So I just keep very quiet. And I am too shy to be the first person to say Hi. And I am lousy at getting to know people.

But on the net I am something else. Thank God for the internet or I would still be unmarried by now and probably will have very little friends.

One very good example is Kak Teh. I saw her round London a few times. Perhaps at the old Malaysian Hall or the airport. But did I ever say "Hi" to her or introduce myself or say anything to her? I didn't. Was too shy. Won't even know what to say and too afraid to say something wrong.

Then came Pok Ku's blog chat channel. Came across Kak Teh on chat. Read her blog. Talked to her a little. Saw her picture and realised that I've seen her around. Three years in London, a few times we met but we never did talk. Until we met again in Cyberspace.

The wonders of cyberspace.

No comments: